Volume 17 • Number 4
Download All Articles (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Introduction to the Special Issue on Quality Management in Healthcare (PDF, 82 KB)
Victor R. Prybutok and Xiaoni Zhang
- Impact of Quality Management on Hospital Performance: An Empirical Investigation (PDF, 430 KB) * OPEN ACCESS *
Robert E. Carter, Subhash C. Lonial, and P. S. Raju
Prior research is inconsistent in regard to the link between quality management practices and firm performance; the current research helps to bridge these opposing perspectives.
- Medication Discharge Planning Prior to Hospital Discharge (PDF, 265 KB)
Karen Steffan Mutsch and Melisa Herbert
Patients discharged from the hospital don’t always understand the medications they need to take at home; a written educational resource used by nurses at discharge could improve patients’ knowledge.
- Core Values in Hospitals: A Comparative Study (PDF, 361 KB)
James A. Belohlav, Lori S. Cook, John R. Olson, and David E. Drehmer
What are the differences in core value usage between quality award-winning organizations and non-award-winning hospitals?
- The Effects of Physicians’ Feelings of Empowerment and Service Quality Perceptions on Hospital Recommendations (PDF, 276 KB)
Robin L. Snipes, Thomas Loughman, and Robert A. Fleck
Results of this study can be used to provide better hospital management and some insight for theory building.
Request Reprint Permission