Volume 31 • Number 2
Download Complete Issue (PDF, 2.1 MB)
- Editor’s Notebook (PDF, 62 KB)
Does Culture Eat Strategy?
- Under the Spotlight (PDF, 109 KB)
Creating a Culture of Quality: The Critical Missing Ingredient to Transforming Your Organization From Top to Bottom
This interview probes two critical questions, “Why isn’t your organization making significant progress in improving its quality?” and “How can you get every employee engaged in your quality initiatives?”
Educator’s World (PDF, 74 KB)
ASQ’s ImpaQT Training Brings Continuous Improvement to the Classroom, School, and District
Using a common framework and aligning tools and techniques across all three levels creates an integrated approach that can lead to a higher level of performance.
- Quick Activities to Improve Your Team (PDF, 103 KB)
Brian Cole Miller
Use this exercise to provide some fun for team members while encouraging them to become more creative.
- Creating a Shift (PDF, 157 KB)
Using “The List” as a Guide to Change Planning
When you develop a list of people’s perspectives on an impending change, you can use the information to plan and address their concerns and suggestions.
- Book Briefs (PDF, 123 KB)
Abstracts and other information on new publications related to the people side of quality.
- This Issue in Summary (PDF, 59 KB)
Overviews of the key articles in this issue to help prioritize your reading.
Getting the Most From Every Effort
- Avoiding the Mistakes of the Past: Lessons Learned on What Makes or
Breaks Quality Initiatives (PDF, 106 KB) Open Access
Judiciously addressing six key factors can improve your organization’s ability to implement new programs.
- Total Quality Management Now Applies to Managing Talent (PDF, 96 KB)
A Six Sigma/TQM approach for managing talent improves the employment selection and deployment processes.
- Giving It Your All: Five Principles for Creating a Culture of Excellence (PDF, 117 KB)
Bob Burg and John David Mann
This second segment of the two-part series introduces three of the “Five Laws of Stratospheric Success,” demonstrating that a focus on giving, rather than getting, leads to personal and organizational achievement.
- Case Study: University-Industry Partnership to Educate Calibration Technicians and Improve Data Quality (PDF, 104 KB)
Cummins, Inc., and Purdue University College of Technology collaborate to raise the capabilities of employees involved with data collection.
- International Team Excellence Award Showcases Collaborative Problem Solving (PDF, 297 KB)
The 2007-08 process produced another set of finalists that proved working together generates long-term success for team members and their organizations.
Request Reprint Permission