Quality Approaches in Higher Education is an online, double-blind, peer-reviewed journal published by the ASQ Education Division. The ASQ Education Division prides itself as the ASQ division that networks on quality in education topics. With the increase emphasis on quality improvement in our colleges and universities, Quality Approaches in Higher Education engenders a conversation focusing on this topic, supported by manuscripts from the higher education community of faculty, researchers and administrators from the different disciplines and professions. The journal was started in 2009 as a supplement to the Journal for Quality and Participation from ASQ.
The purpose of Quality Approaches in Higher Education is to engage the higher education community and the ASQ Education Division members in a discussion of topics related to:
- Improving quality and identifying best practices in higher education
- Expanding the literature specific to quality in higher education topics.
Fernando F. Padró, Ph.D., Editor
Dr. Padró has been a researcher in higher education quality assurance for almost 30 years. He is currently at the University of Southern Queensland in an academic staff (faculty) capacity with the responsibility in the quality area in the Learning, Teaching, and Quality Unit. He is a Senior Member of ASQ and is a Faculty Fellow with the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA). He has published over 40 peer-reviewed artifacts and given more than 70 conference presentations in the United States and abroad.
Dr. Padró has been an associate editor of Quality Approaches in Higher Education. He has served as a Malcolm Baldrige Examiner and has been performing external reviews of program and higher education institutions for many years. He is co-editor of the Education Division-sponsored book, Advancing the STEM Agenda: Quality Improvement Supports STEM, published by ASQ Quality Press.
Associate Editors include:
- Theodore Allen, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Industrial Systems Engineering, The Ohio State University
- Sid Nair, Ph.D, Professor, Centre for Advancement of Teaching and Learning, The University of Western Australia
- Cindy Veenstra, Ph.D, Researcher, Veenstra & Associates
Advisory Board includes:
- Jeffrey E. Froyd, Ph.D., TEES Research Professor, Texas A&M University
- Julie Furst-Bowe, Ed.D., Chancellor, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Mark Gershon, Ph.D., Professor, Marketing and Supply Chain Management, Temple University
- Randy Hyman, Ph.D., Associate Vice President, Metropolitan State University Denver
- Christopher G. Johnson, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, University of Arizona
- Bonnie Mullinix, Ed.D., Curriculum Coordinator, Greenville Technical College
Using Assessments to Determine the Quality and Effectiveness of a Collaborative Internship Program in Research
By Thomas E. Pinelli, Cathy W. Hall, and Kimberly M. Brush
Case Study: Application of Blended Learning for an Engineering Simulation Course
By Theodore T. Allen, Sharnnia Artis, Anthony Afful-Dadzie, and Yosef Allam
Investing in Engineering Student Leaders Through Industrial and STEM Partnerships
By Rhonda K. Kowalchuk, Bruce D. DeRuntz, and John W. Nicklow
Call for Papers
The Quality Approaches in Higher Education editors will announce an annual best paper award to the author(s) of a paper published in Quality Approaches in Higher Education. The award will be announced in January of each year, for the best paper from the issues of the previous year and will be based on the largest single contribution made to the development or application of quality approaches in higher education. There is no nomination form for this award.
We welcome your manuscripts and questions. Please address all questions to Dr. Padró at QAHE@asqedu.org
The ISSN for Quality Approaches in Higher Education is 2161-265X