Journals: Quality Approaches in Higher Education
2014 Best Paper Award Announcement
The editors of Quality Approaches in Higher Education are pleased to announce that the Journal's 2014 Best Paper Award has been awarded to Rosa K. Hand, Mary A. Dolansky, E. Erin Hanahan, Vinothini M. Sundaram and Nancy Tinsley for their paper
This best paper award goes to the article, that made the largest single contribution to the development or application of quality approaches in higher education, and was published in 2014 in the Quality Approaches in Higher Education journal.
Quality Approaches in Higher Education is an online, double-blind, peer-reviewed journal published by the ASQ Education Division. The ASQ Education Division prides itself as the ASQ division that networks on quality in education topics. With the increase emphasis on quality improvement in our colleges and universities, Quality Approaches in Higher Education engenders a conversation focusing on this topic, supported by manuscripts from the higher education community of faculty, researchers and administrators from the different disciplines and professions. The journal was started in 2009 as a supplement to the Journal for Quality and Participation from ASQ.
The purpose of Quality Approaches in Higher Education is to engage the higher education community and the ASQ Education Division members in a discussion of topics related to:
- Improving quality and identifying best practices in higher education
- Expanding the literature specific to quality in higher education topics.
Dr. Elizabeth Cudney, Editor
Dr. Elizabeth Cudney is an Associate Professor in the Engineering Management and Systems Engineering Department at Missouri University of Science and Technology. She received her B.S. in Industrial Engineering from North Carolina State University, Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering and Master of Business Administration from the University of Hartford, and her doctorate in Engineering Management from the University of Missouri – Rolla.
In 2013, Dr. Cudney was elected as an ASQ Fellow. In 2010, Dr. Cudney was inducted into the ASQ International Academy for Quality. She received the 2008 ASQ A.V. Feigenbaum Medal and the 2006 SME Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineering Award. She has published four books and over 30 journal papers. Her research areas are quality, lean six sigma, and engineering education. She is an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Manager of Quality/Operational Excellence, and Certified Six Sigma Black Belt. She is a member of the ASEE, ASEM, ASME, ASQ, IIE, SAE, and the Japan Quality Engineering Society (JQES).
Associate Editors include:
- Theodore Allen, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Industrial Systems Engineering, The Ohio State University
- Kenneth Reid, Ph.D., Associate Professor Engineering Education, Virginia Tech
- Cindy Veenstra, Ph.D., Researcher, Veenstra & Associates
- Jamison Kovach, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Information and Logistics Technology, University of Houston
Education Division QAHE Advisory Board includes:
- Julie Furst-Bowe, Ed.D., Chancellor, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Belinda Chavez, MBA, Operations Manager, Honeywell Technical Solutions, Inc. (Chair, Education Division and QAHE Advisory Board)
- Jeffrey E. Froyd, Ph.D., TEES Research Professor, Texas A&M University
- Mark Gershon, Ph.D., Professor, Marketing and Supply Chain Management, Temple University
- Cathy Hall, Ph.D., Professor, Psychology, East Carolina University
Promising Practices for Engaging Student Veterans
By Michael J. Kirchner, Lia Coryell, and Susan M. Yelich Biniecki
Quality Comes Alive: An Interdisciplinary Student Team’s Quality Improvement Experience in Learning by Doing—Healthcare Education Case Study
By Rosa K. Hand, Mary A. Dolansky, E. Erin Hanahan, Vinothini M. Sundaram, and Nancy Tinsley
Call for Papers
The Quality Approaches in Higher Education editors will announce an annual best paper award to the author(s) of a paper published in Quality Approaches in Higher Education. The award will be announced in January of each year, for the best paper from the issues of the previous year and will be based on the largest single contribution made to the development or application of quality approaches in higher education. There is no nomination form for this award.
We welcome your manuscripts and questions. Please address all questions to Dr. Cudney at QAHE@asqedu.org
The ISSN for Quality Approaches in Higher Education is 2161-265X. This journal is listed in the Cabell's Directory with an acceptance rate of less than 30%.