Members are quality and reliability professionals concerned with all types and levels of electrical, electronic, and communication products.
To be the best global quality community for electronics and communications industries.
To provide a level of member benefit that will attract and maintain a diverse global quality community from across the electronics and communications industries.
Activities and Services
- Co-sponsors the Annual RELIABILITY and MAINTAINABILITY Symposium
- Sponsors sessions at national, regional, and local ASQ conferences, including the ASQ World Conference on Quality and Improvement
- Provides liaisons through technical committees to electronics and communications events and conferences
(Distributed only to Electronics and Communications Division Members)
- CONTINUITY, the E&CD Quarterly newsletter
- IEEE Transactions on Reliability (on request)
- Proceedings, Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium
- RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) Committee
- ECD Electronics Committee
Electronics and Communications Division History
The Electronics and Communications Division was founded in 1955. It was originally the Electronics Division. In the late 90s, it was renamed to the Electronics and Communication Division.
The history of our division is an ongoing effort and, as more information is obtained, it will be posted here. If you have any historical information you would like to share, please e-mail email@example.com.
10-12 Sanjiv Rai
08-10 Sanford Liebesman
06-08 David Fernald
04-06 Dawn Onalfo
02-04 Woody Rabon
00-02 Ray Klotz
98-00 Neil Pederson
96-98 Lowell Tomlinson
94-96 Woody Rabon
93-94 William Trappen
92-93 William Trappen
91-92 Robert Gusciora
90-91 Robert Gusciora
89-90 Myron Wilson
88-89 Lawrence Johmann
85-87 Joseph L. Hancox
83-85 Myron F. Wilson
81-83 Robert V. Caine
80-81 Harold P. Greenberg