Members are quality and reliability professionals concerned with all types and levels of electrical, electronic, and communication products.
To be the best global quality community for electronics and communications industries.
To provide member benefits that will grow and retain a diverse global quality community from across the electronics and communications industries.
- Discounts to attend RAMS
- Opportunity to submit papers for best paper awards
- Input to standards
- Networking opportunities
- Access to publications and ECD Body of Knowledge
- Relevant continuing education courses
(Distributed only to Electronics and Communications Division Members)
- CONTINUITY, the E&CD Quarterly newsletter
- IEEE Transactions on Reliability (on request)
- Proceedings, Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium
- Past ECD submitted papers and articles
Special Interest Groups
- RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)
- ECD Electronics
Electronics and Communications Division History
The Electronics and Communications Division was founded in 1955. It was originally the Electronics Division. In the late 90s, it was renamed to the Electronics and Communication Division.
The history of our division is an ongoing effort and, as more information is obtained, it will be posted here. If you have any historical information you would like to share, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
12-14 Charlie Plotkin
10-12 Sanjiv Rai
08-10 Sanford Liebesman
06-08 David Fernald
04-06 Dawn Onalfo
02-04 Woody Rabon
00-02 Ray Klotz
98-00 Neil Pederson
96-98 Lowell Tomlinson
94-96 Woody Rabon
93-94 William Trappen
92-93 William Trappen
91-92 Robert Gusciora
90-91 Robert Gusciora
89-90 Myron Wilson
88-89 Lawrence Johmann
85-87 Joseph L. Hancox
83-85 Myron F. Wilson
81-83 Robert V. Caine
80-81 Harold P. Greenberg