Column: Standards Outlook: Quality Management Principles
Abstract:[Abstract from Article]
Last month we discussed the first four of eight fundamental quality principles identified by ISO Technical Committee (TC) 176 as the basis for the ISO 9000:2000 revisions. This month we continue with principles five through eight. (All eight are presented in the sidebar).
- Principle 5--System Approach to Management
- Identifying, understanding and managing a system of interrelated processes for a given objective improve the organization's effectiveness and efficiency.
- Principle 6--Continual Improvement
- Continual improvement should be a permanent objective of the organization.
- Principle 7--Factual Approach to Decision Making
- Effective decisions are based on the analysis of data and information.
- Principle 8--Mutually Beneficial Supplier Relationships
- An organization and its suppliers are interdependent, and a mutually beneficial relationship enhances the ability of both to create …