To Members and Supporters of the ASQ NQEC
The NQEC is transitioning from an ASQ Headquarters event to an Education Division-sponsored event. This year will be very exciting for the Education Division and we hope that you will continue to support our venture. We'd like to bring you up to date on our education conference for 2015 and solicit your support in providing ideas, submitting presentations, or contributing to the cause.
Some changes for our conference this year are as follows:
- Conference Re-branding - For 2015, the annual ASQ education conference is being re-branded as the 23rd Annual ASQ Quality Education Conference & Workshop". Note that we are further expanding to our global audience by removing "National" and that our plans include branching out to a wider audience to include work force development and the infusion of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) throughout the areas of K-12, Higher Education, and Work Force Development.
The conference will be held in Houston, Texas. The conference will be held at the Westin Hotel in Memorial City. We believe that the location will facilitate easier travel as Houston is the fourth largest airport system in the country - serving 121 US and 69 International destinations daily.
The education conference will be held on November 14 & 15 with post-conference workshops on November 16.
- Focus Areas and Format
As previously stated, the format for the conference this year will be wider in scope. We have assembled subcommittees in four focused areas. Attendee training sessions will be presented in a format that attendees can take back and implement immediately.
- K-12: Using Quality principles to enhance the fundamentals of learning and performance in K-12 (enrollment, teacher preparation, assessment/evaluation, how to retain students, Six Sigma, Baldrige, process improvement tools, facilitation skills, etc.)
- Higher Ed: Further exploring quality issues and global trends toward improvements in education (train the trainer, preparing to enter the workforce, job hunting skills, resume writing and interviewing skills, distance learning, MOOC, etc.)
- WFD: Strengthening the Economy through Workforce development (soft skills, leadership, conflict resolution, team facilitation, etc.)
- STEM: Intertwined and united with K-12, HE, WFD (advancing the STEM agenda)
In addition to keeping you informed of ASQ's future plans, the Education Division is asking for volunteers, who will be willing to continue formulating ideas for the conference, provide suggestions for speakers, assist with evaluating papers for various tracks, present papers (please watch for the call for papers), etc.
If you would like to volunteer your time and expertise toward the success of the 2015 ASQ Quality Education Conference & Workshop, please contact me and Norma Simons with your areas of interest and ideas. Thank you for your continued support!
ASQ Education Division Chair and 2015 Education Conference Co-Chair
ASQ Education Division Chair-Elect and 2015 ASQ Education Conference Chair.