Step 2. Prepare for the exam.
Take a look at the new Quality Inspector Body of Knowledge (effective with the March 3, 2012 exam). The last administration of the current Quality Inspector Body of Knowledge will be March 2, 2012. Compare the old and new BOKs (PDF, 84 KB).
ASQ designed these resources to help you get ready to take the exam. Have you already reviewed these items? If so, you're ready to choose an exam date.
Take an interactive sample exam to receive additional feedback on the questions that appear in the sample exam. Print out the paper-and-pencil sample exam (PDF, 855 KB) to see the actual test format, including instructions and test questions from past exams.
ASQ offers books and training opportunities to help you prepare.
- Certified Quality Inspector Certification Preparation
- Certified Quality Inspector Question Bank
- Quality Tools
- Need more training options? ASQ Sections and ASQ Forums/Divisions offer more training opportunities.
- The Certified Quality Inspector Handbook
- Glossary and Tables for Statistical Quality Control, Fourth Edition
- How to Choose the Proper Sample Size
- Juran's Quality Handbook, Sixth Edition
- The Metrology Handbook, Second Edition
- Quality Audits for Improved Performance, Third Edition
- Managing the Metrology System, Third Edition
- Integrating Inspection Management into Your Quality Improvement System
- ANSI/ASQC E2-1996: Guide to Inspection Planning (e-standard)
- ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008: Sampling Procedures and Tables for Inspection by Attributes
- Search for more ASQ books>>>
Are you ready to take the exam? Choose an exam date. >>>